Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Love Brochures!

Just picked up some travel brochures the other day at one of our friendly neighborhood I-89 rest stops.

I'm intrigued with the Henry Sheldon Museum in Middlebury, as well as the VT Folklife Center next to it. I have a couple copies of "Visit'n" from the Folklife Center, which are collections of oral interviews with old & new Vermonters. The Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History (the elongated title) is the oldest community museum in the United States, chartered in 1882.

The Merck Forest & Farmland Center in Rupert (I confess, I will have to look on the map to see where Rupert is...) also looks like a great outdoor jaunt, with 30 miles of nature trails plus an organic farm with rare breed animals.

I also picked up the timetables for Amtrak's "Vermonter" and "Ethan Allen Express" trains. There was an article in a Vermont Magazine *www.vermontmagazine.com* about traveling from Essex Junction to Brattleboro on the Vermonter to shop the downtown. I thought it would be interesting to stay overnight there at the Latchis Hotel & Theater *www.latchis.com* - the upstairs has been converted into hotel rooms. They have a few neat movie & overnight packages listed on their website. Brattleboro also hosts a Gallery Walk the first Friday of every month (next one June 4th), that would be a very good reason to play hooky from work on a Friday!

Looking forward to the re-enactment this weekend! Weather looks to be near-perfect!

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment