Friday, May 7, 2010

Why Am I Doing This?

Simply, I'm a Vermonter. Born here; raised here; live here; will probably die here. I've traveled many places in Vermont, but there is ALWAYS something new and interesting cropping up. Vermonters re-invent themselves over and over and over. Dairy farms that are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy have sold off the cows and are now raising organic meats and produce. Cheese and wine-making and coffee roasting have flourished here. I read recently that, per capita, Vermont has the most writers living here, and the 2d most artists. We are a diverse state population, not necessarily in color, but in interests and acceptance of differences.

Yeah, I'm proud to be a Vermonter. If sharing these day trips with you makes you want to visit and see what we're all about, then I've accomplished something good.

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment